Summer is here, and aside from the heat, we all know that growling tummies will be upon us mommies once again!
Here are Five Easy-to-prepare Meryenda suggestions for the kiddos:
1. Cheese Pimiento Sandwich – This easy to prepare DIY Cheese Pimiento Spread by Filipino-food-recipes.com will surely make your kids ask for second helpings, so better have a big loaf of bread in stock with you!
2. Banana Fritters – Give your Fried Saging na Saba a Make-Over appetizing enough for the kids to munch on after biking outside. Prepare this Banana Fritters recipe from cook-eat-share.com
3. Palitaw – This is not just easy to make, but a joy to prepare as well. Have the kids help out, and share a fun Palitaw merienda with them as detailed in this recipe post by philippinecountry.com
4. DIY Potato Chips – Make your own Potato Chips with this easy-to-follow recipe from filipinostylerecipe.com. Perfect for a fun movie night too!
5. Butter Toffee Popcorn – This recipe from mytaste.ph is a favorite of the kidlet. Try this Butter Toffee Popcorn recipe, and say goodbye to the expensive alternatives! See the recipe here.
Happy Cooking Mommies!