Part 1: Visita Iglesia Churches for Commonwealth, Katipunan, UP
Visita Iglesia or the practice of visiting seven churches during the holy week had been my annual lent activity for the past 15 years or so. Apart from it being form of sacrifice and offering to the Lord, the practice also allows me and later on my little family to see churches other than our parish.
i have decided to come up with a series of suggested churches or visita iglesia routes for you mommies, and what you are reading write now is the first tranch 🙂
For those within the QC/Diliman Area, you may want to book mark this post in time for your own Visita Iglesia:
1. Parish of the Holy Sacrifice – One of the first Visita Iglesia Churches for Commonwealth, Katipunan, UP Area
This is the church inside the University of the Philippines.
Address: J P Laurel cor, Apacible St, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
2. Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish Church – This is the Church inside Claret School in Teacher’s Village.
Address: 2 Mahinhin St., Teachers Village, Diliman, Quezon City
3. Parish of the Lord of Divine Mercy – This church is also in Teacher’s Village Quezon City
Address: Madasalin Street, Diliman, Lungsod Quezon, Kalakhang Maynila
4. Sta. Maria della Estrada – This is the church along Katipunan Avenue nearest La Vista.
Address: Katipunan Corner Pansol Avenue Diliman, Quezon City
5. St. Peter’s Parish Church – This is the big church along commonwealth avenue, north bound.
Address: Commonwealth Ave, Batasan Hills, Quezon City
6. Monasterio de Sta. Clara – This is accessible via C5 Northbound. Take the service road to Marikina before Katipunan, it will be right below the flyover.
Address: Katipunan Avenue Corner, Industrial Valley, Marikina City
7. Our Lady of Consolation Parish – This church is inside a subdivision along Tandang Sora Avenue. Coming from Commonwealth, take a turn at Tandang Sora Avenue.
Address: Tierra Pura Subdivision, Tandang Sora Avenue, Quezon City
Will Post next, the second installment of Visita Iglesia Churches