Visita Iglesia Churches in Manila: a journey through old churches
As promised, here is the second installment of suggested Visita Iglesia Churches in the city of manila, and nearby landmark churches:
1. Baclaran Church — This is The National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help also known as Redemptorist Church. This can be found along Roxas Boulevard, in Paranaque. This is usually included in the Manila route because it is just along Roxas Boulevard.
2. Quiapo Church — Also known as The Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, the Quiapo church is usually a must for Visita Iglesia goers. It is along Quezon Boulevard, in Manila
3. Binondo Church — Also known as the Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz and Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish, the Binondo Church can be found at Plaza Lorenzo Ruiz, in Binondo Manila.
4. Manila Cathedral — Also known as the Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, the Manila Cathedral is the seat of Catholic Church in the country. It can be found at Cabildo Street in Intramuros, Manila. this is one of the mosst famous visita iglesia churches in manila.
5. Malate Church — Known as Our Lady of Remedies Parish Church, the Malate Church can be found along Roxas Boulevard in Manila.
6. San Agustin Church — Known as the oldest church in Manila, the San Agustin Church can be found in Intramuros Manila. It is also declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
7. San Sebastian Church — Also calld the Minor Basilica of San Sebastian, this church can be found at Plaza Del Carmen in Quiapo Manila.
Within this week, i will be coming up with another installment of suggested Visita Iglesia Churches. 🙂 Until then mommies!