There is one struggle I have about preparing breakfast, most of the choices available in the market are laden with preservatives, our culture also generally prefers this type of “cilog” breakfasts, and busy moms like us have a tendency to give in to these types of breakfasts because it is easy to cook – perfect for those weekday mornings!
But there is actually a solution to this. Make homemade breakfasts from scratch using ingredients that are free from harmful preservatives that will endanger the health of our whole family in the long run. Yes it may take more of our time, but we can compensate for this by making two to three batches at a time, since most of the recipes when frozen could last even more than 60 days in the freezer. And by making huge batches, cooking will be easier just like those easy to cook breakfasts in the grocery.
And once you have mastered the art of making homemade freezer breakfasts, then you might just be able to start a side business – again from the home.
So to start this trend of healthier breakfasts in your family here are –
Homemade Filipino Breakfast Recipes for the home or business that you can try making:
- Chicken Tocino – This breakfast is healthier not just because it is homemade, but also because it makes use of chicken breasts instead of fatty pork parts. Check this recipe from Pinoy Cooking Recipes which makes use of ingredients that are already in the pantry!
- Homemade Yakiniku Tapa – This is the Mister’s favorite. In Savemore or any SM Hypermart, they sell Beef Yakiniku Slices which I marinate in a tapa marinate mix that I blend from scratch. I got my idea of my tapa marinate mix from Kawaling Pinoy. Here is their marinade mix – again from affordable ingredients that are already in your pantry.
(Post Continued Below)
You May Also Want to Read:
- Snack Baon Ideas for your pre-schooler
- Lunch Baon Ideas for your gradeschooler
- Eight Ulam Recipes under P100.00
- No-Bake Filipino Sweets that you can sell
- Gelatin-Based Desserts that you can sell
- Puto Recipes for Business in the Philippines
- No bake Chocolate-Based Goodies for Business
- Preserved Food Products for Business in the Philippines
- Cheap and Quick to Prepare Desserts under P100.00
- Business Ideas for Stay at Home Moms in the Philippines
- Skinless Longganisa – This is a childhood favorite, and I was surprised that it is easy and fun to make! I just follow this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy which is not complicated at all! My family loves it, and you should give it a try.
- Embutido – Ditch the canned meatloaf, and serve this yummy embutido recipe. This one is super easy, I was surprised it tasted great the first time I made it! The Pinoy Cook Book has this great recipe that is easy to make and oh so yummy! Just adjust seasoning preferences according to your taste as usual.
I am no cooking expert, but my tip for you is that when making a large or multiple batch of recipes, cook a small bit first so you will have an idea how it tastes. If it does not pass your standards then make your necessary tweaks until you are happy with the outcome.
So there you have it, I will be coming up with a couple more posts on Food items that you can serve to your family or sell to earn a side income in the Philippines. Always remember mommies that presentation may be key but at the end of the day, it is the taste and prep that will matter and will make your clients come back for more. Here is hoping that if you have the time, i wish you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy.
Leaving you with this video on how to make embutido: