To say that kids love clay will be an under-statement. If I want Achi to not bug me a lot during the day so that i could post in my blog, all I have to do is to give her her clay box and she will while away her time.
The good thing here is that we do not have to buy clay for the kids all the time. We can actually make one with them, and let them play with it. So basically it is like shooting two birds with one stone!
Here are some DIY Clay Recipes you can make with your kids:
- No Cook Play Dough – This recipe calls for super simple ingredients that is most likely available in your pantry! Check out this no-cook recipe from homeschooling-ideas.com here.
- Soap Clay – Are you looking for a clay dough recipe that smells good? Then head on over at clay-it-now.com and check out this recipe You may however need to run to the pharmacy to buy some glycerin (yes I bought a small bottle at mercury for our DIY bubbles at around P40.00), and some Tapioca Starch.
(Post Continued Below)
You May also Want to Read:
- Chores for your Preschooler
- Five Yummy Pasta Recipes the Kids will Love
- Cooking with Kids
- How to keep your Sanity while driving in EDSA with kids in tow
- 10 Tips to Avoid Food Poisoning at Home
- Solutions to Yaya Problems
3. Cloud Dough – Achi super super loves this! It really pays to have food coloring on hand since it makes cloud dough more fun! It is super easy to make and smells good too! Check out this recipe from happyhooligans.
4. Super Easy DIY Play Dough – Australian website Best Recipes has this super easy to make DIY Play dough recipe that even little achi can make! Check it out here. I promise no special trips to the store because it only needs flour, salt, oil, and food coloring. It is that easy!
5. Gelatin-Based Playdoh – Do you have a gelatin box lying around the house? This is the best time to make use of it. Check out this easy DIY Play Dough Recipe from the website Modern Parents Messy Kids. Enjoy!
So there you have it. I hope I have given you a great bonding idea with the kiddos over the weekend. Do let me know how it goes by dropping by my Facebook page. Hope you could hit the like button while you are at it, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A HAPPY HOMEMAKER IS A HAPPY PINAY MOMMY!
Leaving you with a video on making homemade Play Dough