It can almost be considered tradition to dress little girls in nice and new dresses every Christmas.
I remember one of my ninangs supplying metwo to three Christmas dresses year after year until i was too old for these. My mom though, still insists on buying and choosing one for me.
Now that im a mom, i fully understand. Little girls get to become all the more adorable when they wear Christmas dresses. Im thinking as well that for families like us who go to church for the midnight mass, kids have to dress up because after all it is like they are attending a birthday party of the best Child ever born.
For you fellow moms, looking for great places to buy Christmas dresses, this post is for you —
Where to buy Christmas Dresses for babies in the Philippines:
1. Department Stores — There is absolutely nothing wrong with scouring those bins for sale items, and going through rack after rack of tutus, organzas, and red and white cotton and tulle dresses. My ex officemate — as i have mentioned in my post on where to buy baptismal dresses — swears by Landmark Department store in Makati for nice yet very affordable Christmas dresses. Of course the selection in SM is vast — just be sure to go to a big one like that of SM Makati or Megamall or probably North Edsa for more choices. The dresses in Rustan’s are definitely not cheap BUT they last a really long time and you are sure you could pass it on to your other children when the time comes — so it will be worth it over time.
2. Malls — it is not really cheap to go shops and boutiques — BUT if you chanced upon their sale, for sure you’d get huge discounts! Worth checking out are Zara, Rajito, Periwinkle, Tarte Tatin, H & M, Cotton on Kids, and even Mother Care sometimes for little ones.
(Post continued below)
You may also want to read:
- Local Breastfeeding Information – Where to buy efficient and hardworking pumps, online shops that sell mother’s milk tea and other milk boosters, where to buy hands-free pumping bra and other pumping supplies
- Where to order the Best Baked Ham in Manila
- Online shops that sell Christmas Costumes for Babies
- Local Cloth Diapering Information – local detergents that are safe for cloth diapering, locally available washing machines that are great for cloth diapers, Survival tips for Condo-living families etc.
- Where to buy Menstrual Cups
- Online stores that sell essential oils
3. Bazaars — Check out the many choices in the various bazaars all over the metro. Of course do not forget the year in and year out bazaar at Greenhills. Really lots of choices there that are affordable and cute.
4. Bargain Meccas — Of course how could we ever forget to list down Divi — kakababa mo palang anjan na ang mga baro, yes even outside the famed numbered buildings like 168, 999 and the like. Baclaran — just within the periphery of the church are stall after stall of dresses that would rival those you’d see in department store racks. If you go to the permanent stalls in there and not the bangketa/ambulant vendors, you can see some dresses that are brand-less and label-less but would remind you of the ones sold in major department stores at about 1/3 of the price.
5. Online — if you seriously do not want to be victimized by the epic traffic situation that will be get worse as Christmas draws near — why not let your fingers do the shopping for you? Want cash on delivery and free shipping for items amounting more than P1,000.00 check out Lazada. They have many choices just like this dress which you can get here. You can also check out stylemelittle.com. This is my go-to online shop for my babies from NB stage up to now. Not really cheap but hey the clothes here are nice! Another online children’s dress shop you may wanna check out is The Princess and The Pea PH – they have an ongoing promo of three dresses for P2,000.00 and they have big sister-baby sister dresses too! Here is a link to their FB Store. You may be able to score great finds at Zalora too!
So, there you have it. I am sure there are other places and Online Shops where you may buy Christmas Dresses for your little girl/s. I will be updating this post as soon as I discover more. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy.
Leaving you with this video on DIY Christmas dresses: