If you are already planning out the christening or baptism of your baby then this post is for you.
I was lucky because Mamita sent a Christening gown for Achi to wear many years ago, since we were able to preserve it, we just have it dry cleaned as needed and it has been passed on to shobe and all.
Anyway, for those looking for baptismal gowns —
Here are some places where you can buy Baptismal gowns outfits in the Philippines:
1. Department Stores — Rustan’s has a great selection of baptismal gowns for you to choose from. If you want something more affordable but still nice then you may head to bigger SM department stores like SM Makati and SM Megamall for better choices. My ex-officemate J, meantime swears by Landmark Makati when it comes to affordable yet fab formal wear for babies and kids so you may want to check it out too.
2. Mothercare — their bigger stores have more choices, and I think I saw some at their BGC branch and in Greenbelt 5.
(Post Continued Below)
You may also want to read:
- Philippine Requirements for a Catholic Baptism
- Nine Christening Baptismal Party Reception Venues
- Where to order Smash Cakes
- Children’s Party Event Stylists in the Philippines
- Baptismal Party Souvenir Ideas
- Ideas for Thank you Tokens for Ninongs and Ninangs
- Fastfood and Restaurants with kiddie birthday party packages
- Local Party Resource: Where to buy DIY Party Supplies, Shops that sell sweets for DIY Candy Buffets, Where to Order the Yummiest Lechon
- Requirements for a Philippine Passport for Infants
- Where to buy Chewblings and Teething Jewelry
- Online stores that sell affordable and personalized clothbooks
- Local Breastfeeding Information: Where to buy milk boosting supplies, pumping needs and accessories, recipes for breastfeeding mothers
- Local Cloth Diapering Info: Where to buy CDs with birthstats, WAHMs that customize CDs, Where to buy Christmas-Themed Diapers, Local Online Stores that sell BumGenius cloth Diapers
- Local Baby Wearing: Where to buy Tulas, SSC Accessories, and Tula-Print Fabric
3. Baclaran — My friend, D, runs to Baclaran for just about anything. And she says if you have an eye for fab designs then you can just land in Baclaran a more affordable version of the one you saw at the mall. She says the christening gowns here has the same quality as those in the department stores at less than half the price! The stalls are just in the periphery of the Baclaran Church, so after paying a visit, why not shop around?
4. Lazada — if you do not want to be bothered by the epic traffic situation then Lazada is your best bet. They have these cute little buy christening outfits that are quite cheap like this baby tuxedo set, which you can buy here for P999.00. They have quite a few gowns like this chiffon dress, which you can buy here for just P800.00.
5. Baobao babies — this FB store has traditional christening gowns that are on hand. The prices range from P2,800 to P3K++ as of posting. The gowns come with caps and booties. These are really nice and lovely – white and ecru usually. Check out the designs here.
6. Celestina & Co. — if your baby is somewhat older, or if you want a non-traditional gown and just a formal wear for her then this is the online store to go to. I love this shop actually because it makes choosing clothes for babies and young kids a lot easier. They have tons of accessories to. Check out their website here.
7. UPDATED 11/19/2015: Periwinkle — Thanks to my dear friend Mareng H, for letting me know that this shop sells Christening outfits too. Apparently my inaanak, Sophie, wore a Periwinkle Pina Gown during her Christening. She says the range of Christening outfits there are around P2,000.00 at that time. Periwinkle has branches in ATC, all Rustan’s Department Stores, Shangri-la mall, Eastwood, and even in Marquee Mall, plus a host of other bigger and popular malls. They also have an online shopping site through Zalora, here.
8. UPDATED: Sept 03, 2016: Cudsly.com –– This shopping website also has christening and baptismal gowns for both boys and girls. Check out the selection here.
9. UPDATED: Sept 03, 2016: Shopee.ph — Find brand new and pre-loved baptismal and Christening gowns in this new shopping and selling site. Download their mobile app via the app store or google play, or shop from their website here.
So there you have it. I am sure there are other places and Online Shops where you may buy Christening gowns and baptismal outfits in the Philippines. I will be updating this post as I discover more. For the online stores, I included the links of the shops so that you could personally check on their prices and product availability. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy.
Catholic mommies, you may wanna watch this: