Smash Cakes are just so popular in the recent years, as it is a great props for first birthday photo shoots.
In my humble opinion, any cake could be a smash cake as long as it has some type of icing (butter cream is best according to some photographers), since it will just be smashed anyway! But that is just me and my kuripot self. There is of course nothing wrong if you order custom made ones from your favorite cake maker, or buy from your favorite bakeshop so that in case the baby does not even want to smash it then you can still bring the cake home and eat it with the rest of the familia.
My kids got theirs from bakeshops near our house, I just made sure that their respective cakes match the photoshoot theme of their birthday. Of course I still chose the bakeshop that sells yummy cakes so that we can still bring home the remains of the smash cake that was not too messed up (I know to some of you this is a yucky thought, haha).
Anyway for those of you who are wondering where to order smash cakes for your baby in the Philippines, here is a list of —
Where to order Smash Cakes in the Philippines:
1. Supermarket Bakeshops – Every grocery that I frequent to has a grocery bakeshop, where you can buy affordable cakes in different sizes. They may not taste as great as the cakes from specialty or mainstream cake shops but it will definitely serve the purpose of just getting smashed! Prices can start at P125.00 for a small one, and they usually have simple designs and happy colors. Supermarkets that have grocery bakeshops include S & R, Rustan’s, Shopwise, SM Supermarkets, and the now (sadly) burnt Shoppersville Bakeshop.
2. Mainstream Bakeshops – Bakeshops like Red Ribbon and Goldilocks are bakeshops that can deliver generic cakes to your home which can be used as smash cakes. They have enough branches that dot every part of the metro so you can also drive by as needed. Fortune Bakeshop is also yet another bakeshop that sells affordable but nice cakes that can also be used for this purpose. If you want something custom-made then you can also order from them. Prices of round cakes at Red Ribbon start at 330.00 for a small round cake, while a standard round greeting cake from Goldilocks start at P400.00 but they have a cute Rainbow Cake that costs P520.00.
(Post Continued Below)
You may also want to read:
- Children’s Party Event Stylists in the Philippines
- Birthday party loot bag content ideas
- Children’s Party Caterers in the Philippines
- Where to buy Supplies for DIY Candy Buffets
- DIY Candy Buffet Preparation Checklist
- Nine Christening Baptismal Party Reception Venues
- Souvenir and Token Ideas for Ninongs and Ninangs
- Fastfood and Restaurants with kiddie birthday party packages
- Baptismal Party Souvenir Ideas
- Where to buy DIY Party Supplies
- Baptismal Requirements for Catholics
- Where to order Bento Party Meals for your kiddie parties
- Where to buy Christening Gowns and Outfits
- Where to buy Mason Jars in Manila
3. Specialty Bakeshops – These are the cake shops that we love to order from whenever there’s a celebration in the family. So why not hit two birds with one stone by ordering from your favorite cake shop, use it for the smash cake photoshoot, and eat what is left of it if it did not get smashed Bakeshops that I can suggest include: Purple Oven (Chocolate campfire smash cake, anyone?), Estrel’s (dainty and yummy for your little one’s first birthday), Conti’s (No, not the mango bravo – sayang – the Strawberry Shortcake I think would look cute for a strawberry shortcake-themed birthday photoshoot!), The Chocolate Kiss (All White Devil’s Food Cake as against a very nice outdoor background perhaps?), Miss Polly’s (Brown Derby could be a great choice) and many more. Go shoot, then go eat!
The following cakes are online and physical cake shops where you can order smash cakes in the Philippines.
4. J. Cuppacakes – Makes super adorable, and delicious cakes which can be used as smash cakes for your baby. You can choose from their suggested line-up or order a custom made one! They have a shop in SM Jazz, Makati along Jupiter and N. Garcia, and they have a kiosk in SM Megamall. Here’s a link to their FB Page.
5. Sweet Mamita – Mommies from the South here’s one online cake shop worth trying. They make super yummy cakes that are fab and happy at very reasonable prices! For baby girls you may want to consider their giant 3D floral cupcake as smash cake. They can also customize cakes for you! Here’s a link to their FB Page.
6. Sweet Indulgence by Rika – Owned by a fellow Work-at-Home-Mom, Sweet Indulgence by Rika custom bakes cakes that can also be used as smash cakes! We earlier featured Mommy Rika in our Work From Home Mom of the Week, as well as in Our Lactation Cookies article as she also bakes some for nursing moms! Here’s a link to her online bakeshop.
So, there you have it. I will be updating this post as I come across more bakeshops that can make smash cakes in Manila, Philippines. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!