I have recently written about restaurants and fastfood chains with kiddie party packages in the Philippines, and I have realized that kiddie parties and christening receptions may require a different type of venue.
And although parents can always celebrate their child’s christening in fastfood restaurants, some families may want to have a reception somewhere more subdued.
Here’s a list of happypinaymommy’s –
Suggested Restaurants for Christening Baptismal Party Reception Venues in Manila:
1. Romulo’s Cafe— if you are not expecting a really huge group for your kid’s christening reception then why not hold it at Romulo’s. The food is great, their venue in Jupiter Street in Makati is nice and most of all you can order lechon too. They also have a branch in the Tomas Morato area. Here is a link to their FB Page for your inquiries. The Manager over at Jupiter is very accommodating. Churches that are accessible to this venue include St. Andrew’s and Sacred Heart.
2. J. Cuppacakes –– Is one great venue also in the Jupiter street area. The catch though is that you can only accommodate I think less than 30 guests or you can always have the whole restaurant closed for your event (yes they are welcome to that idea) check out their FB page here for party information. The cakes are nice and superb, the staff are friendly, the venue is nice and the food is great. The owners are super hands-on too like Julianne and her mom personally answer the emails and they coordinate with the clients. They are flexible with the cake designs too! Churches that are near J. Cuppacakes include St. Andrew’s and Sacred Heart.
3. Gloria Maris — If you prefer Chinese dishes then look no further than Gloria Maris. They have banquet halls that can be used for various functions including Christening. Here’s a link to their FB Page.
(Post continued below)
You may also want to read:
- Under P500.00 Buffet Restaurants for Baptismal and Kiddie Parties
- Birthday party loot bag content ideas
- Ideas for Thank you Tokens for Ninongs and Ninangs
- Children’s Party Event Stylists in the Philippines
- Where to order Smash Cakes
- Fastfood and Restaurants with kiddie birthday party packages
- Souvenir Ideas for your child’s party
- Where to buy DIY Party Supplies
- Where to buy supplies for your DIY Candy Buffet
- Baptismal Requirements for Catholics
- Where to order Bento Party Meals for your kiddie parties
- Where to buy Christening Gowns and Outfits
- Where to buy Mason Jars in Manila
- Maid, Yaya and Driver Agencies in the Philippines
4. Stacy’s — is a great place too for more subdued parties like christening receptions and baby showers. They have branches in The Fort and then in Capitol in QC. Churches that are near their QC branch include Sta. Maria Dela Strada in Katipunan, Parish of the Holy Sacrifice inside UP, and St. Peter’s Church along Commonwealth Avenue. Here’s a link to their FB Page for your inquiries.
5. Conti’s — some Conti’s restaurants like the one in Greenbelt 2 have a function room that can accommodate intimate to small gatherings. I will no longer mention that cakes and the party food are superb here because it is already a given 🙂 Here’s a link to their website for your inquiries.
6. Kamayan, Saisaki and Dad’s — it is not generally a quiet or subdued place but it could be a great venue for an after christening party. They have several branches too. Here is a link to their party package info.
7. Milky Way — this has a relatively larger space compared to the other restaurants in our list and again, like conti’s i will no longer elaborate how great the food is here! For those who have yet to dine here they have great Kare-kare and superb Pinoy dishes that your guests will surely appreciate. It is located along Pasong Tamo in Makati. Their function rooms can accommodate 16, 45, and up to 100 guests respectively. Nearest church here is Don Bosco. Here’s a link to their website.
8. Max’s Restaurant-– is a Filipino institution already for baptismal receptions. They have the following inclusions in their Baptismal party package: Two (2) hours use of venue, Theme Cake, Gift for the baby, Free use of bassinet, Decorated Party Area , Party Balloons, Balloon Centerpieces, Welcome Banner, Invitations Cards, Guest Book with Pen, and Party Hosting. Check out their webpage here.
9. Mom and Tina’s Restaurant – Is yet another cozy reception venue that is known for happy comfort food. Their venues can usually accommodate intimate gatherings of about 30 people for their Pasig and South Triangle branches. The set-up is usually for buffet, and the price per head from P700.00 to P960.00. They are however strict when it comes to set-ups as they “do not allow bringing in of food, beverages, desserts, cakes, food giveaways, and candy buffets.” Here is a link to their official webpage.
So there you have it. I will be updating this post as I come across more restaurants that are great as Christening reception venue. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!