While most of the articles in my blog are intended to help yaya-less moms survive their journey, it also aims to provide support to full-time working moms who would need extra helping hands (and extra set/s of eyes) in rearing their children as they work outside the home to provide for them.
Yayas or nannies are a big help for most working moms since there are just a few US-Style Day Care Centers in the country that can help provide care for children of full-time working moms. For those of you who are planning to employ or have already employed one and would like to have them wear uniforms, then this write-up is for you.
Nanny uniforms have already evolved. I remember during my kabataan, most of the yayas in our village were not required to wear uniforms, and if ever they are, the uniform is just usually plain white.
Now, the modern yayas usually wear colorful scrub suits, or tailored uniforms of the same cut, and then sneakers or closed shoes.
And while this may entail some cost to parents (cheapest pair that i saw is at P250.00), it also has a lot of advantages. For instance, nannies would no longer have to invest on going out clothes if they are usually required to bring and pick-up the kids from school, and when they have to go with the family out of the home. Most of the schools have dress codes for the yayas who wait for their wards or those that bring them here and pick them up, the nanny uniform adheres to the dress code policy including the sneakers or closed shoes. The Nanny Uniform also helps in keeping a clean or neat look, especially when caring for newborns and babies. Besides, scrubs offer a comfortable wear.
So for moms out there who are wondering where to get those nanny uniforms here is a list of:
Where to buy Nanny Yaya Uniforms in the Philippines:
- Department Stores – In the home section of your favorite department store, you can find nanny uniforms usually in the same section where cloth table napkins, table runners, and kitchen towels are. This is true for SM Makati and Landmark Makati, and I am sure this also applies in the department store nearest you.
- Bambang – Bambang is not just the place to get affordable nebulizers, it is also the place where you can get the cheapest nanny uniforms! Just go to one of those scrub suit stores and choose from there. They have plain-colored, they have all-whites, and then they also have those with fun-looking prints. The slash is about P150.00 per pair versus mall prices, so if you live near the area, or will be buying for two or more yayas, then it will be worth the trip (and the traffic).
(Post Continued Below)i
You may also want to read:
- Maid, yaya, and driver agencies in the Philippines
- What to do when yaya leaves: More permanent Solutions to #YayaProblems
- Wala si yaya? Possible Solutions to #YayaProblems
- Where to buy nursing clothes and breastfeeding gowns in the Philippines
- Where to buy Maternity Gowns Pregnancy Office Clothes Dresses in the Philippines
- Happypinaymommy.com’s Reflections: How To Be You Po? by Mommy Aizh Geron Celis
- Baon Ideas for Your Preschooler
- Local Breastfeeding Resources: Where to buy efficient breastpumps, fabulous nursing bras, and chic pumping bags; Where to buy galactogogues like fenugreek, lactation cookies, teas and more.
- NeatNanny.ph – Is a one-stop shop for all the uniform needs you may have for your domestic staff. As of last check they offer free shipping for orders amounting to P1,000.00 and up. Most of the uniforms that they sell are in solid colors, or coordinated ternos. You can also buy polos for your drivers and male domestic staff, and even have made to order uniforms. Here is a link to their website.
- Cash and Carry Grocery Store – Big Supermarkets like Cash and Carry in Makati also carry Nanny Uniforms. As of last visit, I saw it in the same aisle where kitchen towels and table cloths are displayed. They have plain scrubs, and then those colorful scrubs that have cartoon characters and baby-friendly drawings on it.
- Lazada– If you would like to just shop from your home, then you can just buy the uniform/scrub suit off Lazada http://ho.lazada.com.ph/SHHJSy. As of publication date, they only have one style which is solid colors. Buy it here. http://ho.lazada.com.ph/SHHJSy
- Facebook Stores – There are several Facebook-Based online shops that sell Yaya’s Uniforms. You may want to check out the FB Shops of the following: Dolce and My Yaya, Unan Atbp., J&M’s Online Shop Catbalogan, Patrice Scrub Suits by JM Creations. These stores sell colorful printed scrub suits and uniforms in both V-Neck and Chinese Collared Uniforms.
So there you have it, hope this post has helped you find nanny uniforms for your child’s yaya. I Will be updating this post as soon as I discover more shops. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy!
Leaving you with this video on questions to ask when hiring a yaya: