If you are looking for Wooden toys for your children, or to give as a gift, then this is a post for you.
Wooden toys are slowly becoming the choice of toys for more and more parents because unlike its plastic counterparts, it has more natural components, and less chemicals.
Not only that, wooden toys are durable, classic, encourages the imagination, not as distracting as traditional plastic toys, improves hand and eye coordination, and it lasts longer than most toys therefore it can be passed on from one child or another.
Gladly, more and more toy stores and shops carry wooden toys, unlike before when plastic toys dominate the toy arena for babies and kids of all ages.
So for those of you who are looking for wooden toys, here is —
Where to Buy Wooden Toys in the Philippines:
- Toy stores – This is of course an obvious answer. Although wooden toys just usually occupy one shelf of the many, many toy shelves in Toys R Us or To Kingdom, or whatever Toy Store, let us all just appreciate the fact that at least they now carry these kinds of toys, although they are more expensive than their plastic counterparts. Usual brands that can be found on toy stores include the famous Melissa and Doug, and then the wooden toy blocks of different sizes in gigantic pails. I’m telling you my kids play with these for hours!
- Book Stores – Gone are the days when wooden toys are limited to just wooden blocks. Most National Bookstores, Fully Booked, and big book stores carry wooden toys so check them out too.
- Lazada – Has a wide array of wooden toys that you can choose from. Like this kiddie wooden animal sorting xylophone which is perfect for your toddler (buy it here) , and then this wooden blocks with alphabet and caddy – buy it here and these wooden alphabet puzzle toys with handle – buy it here.
(Post Continued Below)
You may also want to read:
- How to disinfect toys
- How to make your own DIY Play-Dough
- Do-it-Yourself Sidewalk Chalk
- Bubble Recipes for Kids
- Where to buy affordable bikes
- Aircon-Free ways to cool babies and kids this summer
- Philippine Passport Requirements for Babies
- US Visa Requirements for Babies
- Where to by Hybrid Fitted Diapers – Part 5
- Shops that sell Ring Slings
- Where to buy Baby Moccasins
- Divisoria – Where else can you find cheap toys but in Divisoria. Head on to one of the stalls inside 168, and in the stalls that sell trinkets and stationeries you can find wooden toy puzzles at unbelievably low prices. You just have to be wary though about the paint that they use and discourage your child from putting the toy in his or her mouth.
- Specialty Shops – Hobbes and Landes, among other specialty toy stores carry wooden toys of all kinds – although slightly pricier than other outlets as the toys they carry are usually imported.
- Online Stores – There are many online shops (both FB and Instagram based) that sell wooden toys, in fact some of them even hold preorders. You may wanna check out the following FB Shops – Mama.Baby.Love sells wooden floor blocks which comes at 35 pieces per set, and are made of pine wood, 3.5kilos total weight at P2,500.00 per set – check out her FB Page here. Baobao Babies on the other hand carry the Bolkido line of wooden toys which are just so nice, I swear even you will get entertained playing with them they have carts, construction site wooden blocks, cube wagon, counting blocks, and more. Check out their site here.
- UPDATED JUNE 9, 2016: Oh Baby! Online Store — This FB and Instagram-Based online shop has a ot of wooden toys that are not only educational, but are definitely adorable, durable, and happy to look at. The toys are also reasonably-priced so you can also give them as ifts to your pamangkins, and inaanaks. Check out heir FB Page here.
- UPDATED JUNE 9, 2016: Quigle Baby — Yes, the same online store famous for Quigle Bum Cloth Diapers also sells various wooden toys such as blocks, shape sorters, bead roller coasters, hammering blocks, among others. Check out their website here.
- UPDATED Oct 11,2016: 9 Months and Beyond — If you want to physically check out wooden educational toys for your tot then head over to Teachers’ Village in Quezon City where 9 Months and Beyond’s physical store is located. They also ship orders via their FB Page here.
- UPDATED Oct 11, 2016: Mom and Milly– Mom and Milly carries various types of wooden toys which includes sorters, pounding toys, puzzles, bead mazes, blocks, cars and trucks, trains, lacing toys and the like, at reasonable prices! Check out their shopping site here.
Also, you may want to check out second hand stores, and online merchants and individual online sellers that sell pre-loved wooden toys, if you are fine with buying pre-owned stuff.
So there you have it I am sure there are other shops that sell wooden toys for kids in the Philippines. I promise to update this post as soon as I get to discover more. Hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy!
Leaving you with this video on the benefits of playing with wooden toys: