If you want to serve your family a protein-rich and nutritious dish without having to resort to meat – either for health reasons or to help save on expenses, the best way to go is to cook tokwa or tofu based dishes.
Apart from being nutritious, Tofu and tokwa are really easy to cook, and does not require much seasoning for it to taste really yummy. So for those of you searching for tokwa recipes to add to your repertoire, here are —
Easy Tofu Tokwa Recipes under P100.00:
- Tofu/Tokwa with Oyster Sauce – All you need to do here is pre-fry your tokwa or tofu, then saute onions and garlic, and add oyster sauce and other ingredients. Very simple. Here’s a great recipe from Casa Veneracion.
- Tofu Sarciado – Uses extra firm tofu, eggs, and other pantry staples. Super affordable and easy. Check out this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy.
(Post Continued Below)
You may also want to read:
- Eight Recipes under P100.00 – 2016 Edition
- Seven Recipes under P100.00 – 2015 Edition
- Seven ways to save on grocery shopping
- Filipino Lumpia Recipes under P100.00
- Ways to save on your Electric Bills
- Filipino Dessert Recipes under P100.00
- Happy Breakfasts that will cheer up your mornings
- Fried Rice Recipes under P100.00
- 10 Quick Meal Recipes
- Filipino Veggie Dishes under P100.00
- Meatless Meals for the family
- Filipino Soup recipes for breastfeeding mommies
- Past Weekly Meal Plans
- Tofu Sisig – If you are head over heels in love with Max’s Restaurant’s Sizzling Tofu Sisig, then you will definitely love this recipe from Kusina 101. Yes it can still be made under P100.00! Here is the recipe.
- Adobong Sitaw at Tofu – Want a filling veggie ulam? Then this is the dish to cook. Just do not serve it to familymembers with high uric acid because of the high soy and bean content. Here’s a link to Filipino Style’s website where the recipe was published.
- Kangong and Tofu with Oyster Sauce – Is a stand-alone vegetable dish that becomes a filling ulam when paired with hot steamed rice! Get the recipe and procedure here from Kawaling Pinoy.
So there you have it, I will be researching for more nutritious and affordable recipes for our families, and will come up with more posts like these. Hope you can check out our under P100.00 Series. Meantime, if you wish to scour great dessert recipes, you may want to check out Good Housekeeping’s Dessert Cook Book featuring Brownie Recipes — buy it here
Please drop by my facebook page for feedbacks, comments or recipe suggestions
Looking forward to hearing from you.
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy!
Leaving you with this video one yummy recipe: