As promised here is the third installment in our series of School Lunch Baon ideas for your gradeschoolers. As we go further into the school year it really becomes more challenging to think of lunch baon to pack for the kids. Of course we want something that they would finish, as they need to have the energy to go through the rest of the school day. This is especially true if they had to be up very early in the morning to beat the traffic, and arrive in school on time.
So without further ado here’s part three of –
School Lunch Baon Ideas for School Kids:
- Chicken Tocino – This is one step healthier of course than the more popular pork tocino, and the good thing about this dish is that it can even be home made. Here’s a good recipe to follow. Just use breast of thigh fillet, and slice into small portions. Here is a good recipe to follow.
- Arroz A La Cubana – Another personal favorite and it is very easy for your kids to eat too! It has veggies, protein and even fruit so you can be sure they have a pretty balanced meal with this. Here’s an easy recipe to follow.
(Post Continued Below)
You may also want to read:
- PART 1: Lunch Baon Ideas for School Kids
- Part 2: Lunch Ulam Baon Ideas for your Grade Schooler
- Baon Ideas for your Pre-Schooler
- How to get kids to sleep early
- Yummy Sandwich Recipes for Baon
- Happy Breakfasts for Kids
- Eight Recipes under P100.00 – 2016 Edition
- Kid-Friendly vegetable salads
- Where to buy Cheap yet good quality Bikes
- Meryendas you can prepare with your kids
- Requirements for a Catholic Confirmation
- Local Party Resources: Where to buy DIY Party Supplies, Where to Buy Sweets for DIY Candy Buffet etc
- Tortang Talong –This one is easy to serve to the kids especially if it was your ulam last night so that you would not have to grill eggplants anymore. To make it more palatable for the children, you can add in some ground pork.
- Crunchy Tilapia – This is great especially with tilapia fillet. Actually you can flake or debone the fish if you would not want to buy those frozen tilapia fillets in your grocery. Why am I including this in our list? Because most kids would not think of packing fish for school lunch, but they actually enjoy eating it at home, so why not debone or flake it for them? Ad in a side of adobong kangkong if you have left overs or if you woke up extra early.
- Adobo with Egg – My kids love this! Whenever we have adobo for dinner that will automatically be the packed lunch the next day, simply because in our family, adobo tastes a lot better the following day!
- Crispy Fried Boneless Bangus – Just like the crispy tilapia, portion the boneless bangus into bite-sized pieces when packing it for your child’s school lunch!
- Sausage sautéed in ketchup with onions – Kids will love this too especially if they appreciate Hungarian sausages (who doesn’t?) and the tangy taste of ketchup. If you are the kind of mom who will not be fine with sausages or meaty hotdogs, why not choose veggie, tuna or turkey sausages?
- Skinless Longganiza – This can either be bought from the grocery store, or can be homemade. Here is a great and non-complicated recipe to follow.
So there you have it, I hope I was able to give you more lunch baon ideas for your grade schooler. Will be adding more to this series as I discover more baon ideas for your children. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy!
Leaving you with this video on Lunch Baon Ideas for Children: