If you are thinking of making your daughter a headband, a bow or hair accessory — or probably becoming a WAHM and start an online business selling headbands then this post is for you.
Some may be physical shops which is ideal for those who are thinking of selling their finished products, while some in the list are online — perfect for crafty mamas who are not out to buy a lot.
Where to buy supplies and DIY materials for headbands and hair accessories in the Philippines:
1. Divisoria — this famous shopping landmark is home to stores and stalls after stalls of materials for DIY headband and hair accessory supplies and materials. Tabora street in particular has a lot of supplies for you to choose from (i have featured this street in my posts about mason jars, DIY Cloth Diaper Sewing Supplies, Fabrics, knitting and crocheting supplies, among others). Add to that the sewing supplies and stalls along Ilaya and you are in crafters’ heaven!
2. Quiapo — the first time my friend J brought me over at Wellmanson in Quiapo, i went dizzy over the many,many DIY and craft materials to choose from at absurdly low prices! Check out this craft hub and you will never regret. Of course do not forget to drop by the Quiapo church first and visit the Nazareno 🙂
(Post continued below)
You may also want to read:
- Best Courier Services for Local Online Sellers
- Where to buy DIY Party Supplies in Manila
- How to make your own homemade Play Dough for Kids
- Make your own dishwashing liquid
- Online Shops that Sell Essential Oils
- Where to buy Adult Coloring Books
- Passport Requirements for Newborns and Babies
- All about Local Cloth Diapering
3. Malls — like what i have mentioned in my post regarding DIY knitting and crocheting supplies, some major malls also have craft shops that you may want to check out. Start with the department stores first — for example in SM Makati they have a sewing section and usually they have ribbons, laces and bows in there. Other stores you may want to check out are Carolina’s Lace shoppe — they have branches in Glorietta and SM Megamall (plus a couple of other branches).
4. Online stores — There are plenty of online stores that sell materials for headbands and hair accessories. They include:
- Bowaholics.com which has grossgrain ribbons, character ribbons, raw materials for making headbands be it platic or metal, Anti-Slip grip for Clips, and the like. Here is a link to their website.
- Michelle’s Ribbons and Lace Center — This FB store has yards and yards of ribbons, hair clips, basic headbands, craft materials, and DIY Hair accessory supplies in stock! Check out their FB Store here.
- UPDATED: JULY 8, 2016: Pretty Clipz — If you want to do DIY Grossgrain Ribbons, elastic headbands made of glittery and dazzling stuff, hats, and more then this is the Facebook-based shop for you! Check out their online store here.
So, there you have it. I am sure there are other knitting and crocheting supplies shops in the Philippines. I will be updating this post as I discover more. If you have the time, hope you could drop by my Facebook page and hit the like button, so you can receive regular updates from Happypinaymommy.com direct on your newsfeed.
Thank you so much!
A Happy Homemaker is a Happy Pinay Mommy.
Leaving you with this video on DIY Hair accessories: